Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sometimes Husbands Are Funny

Rich arrived home from a kick-in-the-pants 3-day trip last night at around midnight. We hung out for just a bit before heading off the bed. You know, because we had to discuss all the shitty crap that happened yesterday, and the state of the economy, and remodeling projects, and gripe about weirdo captains. What can I say? We are nothing if not uplifting around here.

But I digress. The point is that we were up pretty late. Alarms start their hideous beeping around here at 6:40am. For me this is not a problem. I don't sleep much. It's just a thang. For Rich, the rack-monster, this is a big problem. It is really hard coming home to a normal people schedule when you fly pm lines. Despite all, he got up and helped me get the kids off to school and mowed the lawn even though he is now sitting three days of reserve.

Once the lawn was finished, and we were inside planning the rest of the day we kept having to adjust our plans due to the "well, if THEY call..." He went to make sure his uniform was ready and that his bag was packed while I worked on some budgeting crap for the PTO. A few moments later he came down the hall announcing that he really didn't think he'd be going to work today. He was annoyed at the thought of going right back on a trip after only being home for a few hours and he was tired. Furthermore, he didn't feel well. I asked him what was wrong. He replied that he might have to call in sick because he had a major case of anal glaucoma.

I said, "huh? What ?"

He said, "I really cannot see my ass going to work today."

9 comments:

Brenda said...

My alarm goes off at 6:20 am, but I slap if off 3 times. Then I have to get up.

Rich. He is one funny guy.

Kristi said...

First, AIDS and now anal glaucoma! Y'all have it rough!!!

Too funny. I so have to right that down!!

Mandy said...

sooo funny

and lay off the captains ..;)
(even the regional ones)

MaryB said...

We don't bag on all of the captains - just the weirdos and the assholes.

Tracy said...

I had to show my husband this. He got a kick out of it. He had heard it before, but got a big kick out of it. That is super funny.

lex said...

anal glaucoma! ha, ha, ha! this made my night.

SLynnRo said...

Rich and Mr. A would likely get along swell.

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

This I love. And will be using.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Oh my God, I am sending that comment to Colby, he will love it! (And have I told you yet that I love this background? Tres cute!)