Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Friends

So, here is a good example of why I do not let my fb life and my blog life intersect. Get a load of this friend request...

"MaryBeth, I know you'll NEVER add me to to your friend list in real life, but maybe you will here on facebook world. I have a 100% friend acceptance rate and am curious to see if you will be the one to break that chain of success."

Now in all fairness, this is an ass-hat I chased down to the church parking lot to yell at him. And called him an arrogant, self-absorbed ass-hat on numerous occasions. Because he is. so, he is justified in his assertion that I would NEVER give him the time of day in real life. However, isn't it just further evidence of his self-absorbed and narcissistic manner to challenge me to break his "100% acceptance rate?" Good Grief! Go love yourself in the mirror a little more. Good to see that 8 years hasn't changed you a bit you arrogant, self-absorbed, ass-hat.

I sent this reply:
"I'll add you. You get points for giving me a good laugh. Seriously, hope all is well with you and yours. I think I heard that you finally quit sowing the oats and got married?!@$@!? Ill start a series of novenas for that poor, poor, long-suffering woman immediately. The fact that she has neither divorced you nor killed you in your sleep speaks to her sainthood. Still playing navy?"

The upside here is that you can all plainly see that I don't really talk about people behind their backs. I generally only say things I am willing to say directly to you. The problem is, I'm generally willing to say just about anything directly to you.

3 comments:

Anything is Possible said...

You know I'm curious. Do I know this person?
And really, I hate that about FB. You look like an ass if you KNOW someone you don't like saw your little face on FB so you feel like you have to add them as a friend. Blah. I had to add someone I just despise. They haven't changed at all, still chintzy as Christmas decor in one of those Tuesday Morning stores.

MaryB said...

I think I had told him to go to hell (in front of his mother) before you got there. Or, wait, maybe you were at my house that Thanksgiving morning...He was an
f-18 singleton who thought it was my jobto e his surrogate wife/doormat....also, im totally goign snooping through yourfb friends now!

lex said...

i totally got friended on fb the same way. guy who treated me like crap is all - hey, i'm so sorry, blah, blah, blah. everything you said in this post about your asshat applies to my asshat.

but i friended him, too, to show him that i was the better person. not sure that actually worked, but in my head, it did.

facebook is evil, i think.