Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fail....But Then Success...And Then Maybe More Fail

So, my beloved WHBM failed me. They will not be getting that cute, white, tiered top in stores, in a size that will fit me, and I do not have time to order one. The good news is that I will now be wearing an outfit that cost me exactly ZE-RO dol-lah! Yea!

For those of you who may care (very very few and I don't know why even they would care) I'll be wearing the red strapless top (but with the velvet sash tied in the back)borrowed from Jennifer, and my very favorite black pants ever. The wide legs could NOT be worn with such a gathered, full top! The other good news is that someone, an angel possibly, returned the necklace I have been lusting after at WHBM... and I still had my trusty, dusty gift card! So, now I have two pretty necklaces to choose from on Saturday, and the the one I do not wear will get prettily wrapped and hidden in a stocking by Santa himself on Christmas Eve! Win-win all around. So, yeah! (But, SOMEONE please buy that white top - it is bee-ooo-ti-ful!)

So, how are all of you Santas doing checking off your lists???? I need to sit down and re-assess the status of the lists after I get all the nosey children into their beds! I am usually D.O.N.E. by now. And, by done, I mean bought, wrapped, hidden, separated, and Ready To Go! And all out of town gifts, wrapped, packed, and shipped. The big sickness of 2008 really took a toll and I am so so far behind this year! I do not even have a Christmas card picture taken! I'm thinking we will all wear black and white and send out one of those fun silvery New Year's cards this year. OMG - that will ROYALLY piss off my husband! But, seriously, did you notice up there how I fill my own stocking??? I do EVERYTHING in terms of the holidays with the exception of hanging the outside lights. So, he should just shut it, right????? Speaking of this, I've been meaning to ask you girls... Do you select and buy the gifts for your spouse's parents/family? I mean SERIOUSLY, doesn't it stand to reason that HE would have a better idea of what to get his father than I would???

Am I loser if I really do send out New Year's Cards? People must do it, since they make them now. Ill make them really cute, I promise!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

New Year's cards, eh? I actually kind of love that idea! And the silvery, white, and black sounds quite stylish. Have fun looking fancy at your shindig!

The Queen said...

New Year's cards are perfectly acceptable. If he bitches, tell him he's got card duty next year.

I buy all the gifts. Pat has no idea what anyone wants, including himself. He does buy for me and he sometimes picks things up for Sammy.

I got most of my Christmas stuff squared away today. But, BUT, I went to my OSC meeting early specifically so I could swing by the Toys R Us near her house and buy Sam's bike without him seeing. And though the website says there is a Toys R Us on Mira Mesa, don't you believe it. It is now a Babies R Us superstore nad I drove around an hour in rush hour traffic to find that out. I will be buyng my bike elsewhere, thankyouverymuch.

Anything is Possible said...

MB- I love your backup outfit. Red is a great color for you and so festive. The necklace is worth lusting over!

I buy everything. I usually come up with a few ideas for his family and run them by him to see what he thinks. I still go with my gut feeling though. By now I know his family better than he does. He buys (or tells me what to buy) for his brother. Seriously, I love to shop but this year I'm so tired of trying to come up with unique gifts for everyone. I also buy my own gift or give him a direct link to the item I want. Then again, he buys his Christmas gift too. It's a win-win situation. Although in your case, I think R should pick out all gifts for his dad. Doesn't his father annoy you???

Julie said...

I usually take care of ALL the presents. I haven't done much pre-planning as in years past because money is tight so I'm scrambling now to finish. And I haven't been able to get a good picture of the kids for Christmas cards. I may wait and do New Year's cards, too! That top is going to look FABULOUS! :)

Swistle said...

Sigh, yes: I handle all the gift-buying for his side of the family.

I think a New Year's card is better than an arriving-after-Christmas Christmas card. I sometimes get cards after Christmas and they just make me feel glum---but a New Year's card is like, "Look! There are still celebrations coming in this new year!"

nicole said...

Bummer on the shirt. New Year's cards are great. It is like a little bit of Christmas just when you think Christmas is done. And I buy some of the the gifts for Husband's family and he buys some. We kind of work together on ideas and I usually do the purchasing.

Mandy said...

We have some people who do the New Years cards ... and I love them ... its a little something extra in January after all the dust as settled from the holidays:)

I am not talking about the "santa situation" but I do buy the gifts for the inlaws (with his "approval" .... either he likes my ideas or HE has to come up with something better or nothing at all)

Tracy said...

I love mail anytime. New YEars! Great!

I do buy for his family. I have (last year and this) told him he had to figure out what to buy for his dad. Last year I said that and caved and bought him somehting. This year. HOLDING MY GROUND DAMMIT! If his dad doesn't get anything, his fault.

I don't get my own gifts. I must say he has a great way of getting good gifts (read:my 3rd baby Canon 40d Last year) This year is a little leaner (seeing as he is no longer a VJA whore since there is no more VJA WTH?) But, I am confident it will work out. I am hoping I have the better gift for him. WOuld tell you, but you never know if he reads your blog...