Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm so old that I now complain about the weather!

Texas is hot as Hell - literally. I often complain that my husband moved our family to the surface of the sun. However, this will be my 4th Easter here in Cowtown and guess what? The high will be 55 degrees with cold, rainy drizzle. Of the past three Easters here it has SNOWED on two of them....This is Texas. It is supposed to be hot. In fact it was hot yesterday, and the day before, and it will be warm today and tomorrow. It is only the actual day of Easter that will be cold enough to make me miserable while wearing my dress (even with a shrug). Also, what did I get for the boys??? Short sleeve pastel polos....AARGH! I'm annoyed.

In other news, I am highly recommending a new beverage to all, especially if you are a vodka kind of girl. It sounds a little gross, but it is great because it is a little fruity without being sweet, especially when you splash it with a little club soda and a twist of lime. And, this will forever be a libation that led to a complete turnaround in my life.marriage....long story. Maybe I'll share one day, but not today. Anyway, I thought it might bring you a happy moment or two also. I almost exclusively drink Absolut, so I had not discovered this little darling until a friend whipped it out when she realized I needed some "medicinal" intervention.

6 comments:

Tess said...

Mmm, black cherry, I like the sounds of that. A vodka cranberry is one of my favorite drinks of all time so it's right up my alley.

Anything is Possible said...

Try to stay warm in that cute little dress! I'm beginning to think you have luck like mine.

I'm a vodka martini girl. I likes them really dirty with lots of olives. I'll have to wait a few months before I can try your new libation.

Katie said...

Oh crap. I came to Texas for Easter for some WARMTH, dammit.

I almost ran out and bought that drink, but then I just remembered I'm pregnant. Damn.

Mandy said...

I am not a vodka girl, but if that bottle is THAT life altering ... I may have to give it a try!!!!!!!

Annie, The Evil Queen said...

I could use a life altering beverage myself. Hope the new trajectory has held. Things are improving here. So good to talk to you the other day-we need to do that more often.

SLynnRo said...

Last year I went to Seattle for Easter and it was warmer there than it was in Texas.