Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's Like I'm Twittering - Only On Blogger and With Visuals

Because you know, there just wasn't enough going on INSIDE my house...




Yes, half of my driveway is GONE - very convenient for all those crews working on my house, um, OR NOT! Although they probably LOVE it - seeing as how they get paid per hour of labor and they spend 25% of their time moving their trucks at the City of Fort Worth's whim...


You know that deep down inside you wish you had one of these parked in your front yard, too!
Did I mention that all of this insanity of making the street look like a war zone is to result in our street being narrower??? Because some brainiac at City Hall decided that every single street in Fort Worth should be exactly the same width. Our circa 1950 streets are too wide. "They" say that this will save the city millions in the long run when it comes time to resurface streets. Yes, after you pay to extend every single homeowner's sprinkler system, sod the new portions of "yard," and create new curbs....yes, I can see how that will save you TONS of money. And, NO, they are NOT putting in sidewalks with the reclaimed space - dumb. dumb, dumb...

I need some more pie. Pass a fork, please.


5 comments:

Anything is Possible said...

Okay. I love all the new posts but you move way too fast for me. I had to read through just to find out what a 'twitter' was. I won't even tell you my initial guesses.

The house looks lovely. Although I can't believe your town wants all the streets the same size. That's seriously Type A. I thought I was bad but apparently not. And no sidewalks? What a shame.

Breakfast in the bathroom? Hmmm. Somehow it looks prettier in your bathroom than it would in mine.

I want some cake. Thanks MB. I was doing great and just thought to myself, "wow, I haven't had chocolate for weeks! Amazing." and then you had to post that recipe. Did you hear my will power fly out the window?

Mandy said...

collin would LOVE that in our front yard - so, anyway, does that mean that your property taxes went up recently???

MaryB said...

rach - oh yes, I think you should tell us what your initial thoughts were regarding Twitter! I have a feeling they'd be hysterically lewd!

Mandy - you've lived in Texas, right? Property taxes? Up? ALWAYS! Oh well, if I was still in FL it would be the wind insurance. I guess you pay your dues wherever you are - here it is the property and sales tax! I think the property taxes here should pay for outdoor air conditioing - hahahaha!

Iceberg Queen said...

The heat must be effecting your city council. Making streets narrower? Seriously?

And I know one little boy in my house who would absoultely love one of these in the front yard. Right next to a fire truck.

Brenda said...

I work for a heavy road construction company. So I see that type of road equipment all the time. We HATE doing residential or city streets. We only try for those jobs when we are in a real need to keep the guys busy. The scheduling is a nightmare. As for narrowing the streets... Are they crazy?? What about getting a firetruck down the street when people are parked on the road?? And with the price of oil.... this is not saving the city any money. They just have a wild hair up their... anyway. ARUGH! Call and complain. To the city. Not the construction company. They can only do what the city tells them to do. When, were and when.

Hey, your pictures are GREAT!