Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's 10:30 Somewhere!

The bad news: I had to choose between blogging and cleaning up my horrid mess of a kitchen (why I usually do not make big roast beef dinners on the weeknights!). The kitchen won out. It was a disaster.

The good news: The delay means I got a few more votes. What is it with you people and wanting the easy recipes???? Just kidding!! I know, life is crazy-ass busy.

The verdicts: 1) Easy, but Mandy has a neighborhood party and she is thinking she would like to bring a dessert type offering. 2)Also, I am going to have to make Rich take pictures of yours truly in the dresses. There will be no head in the pictures, I am telling you right now. Neck down only. If I go through with this plan you will be required to not only vote on a dress, but also to suggest accessories and shoes, and any other pertinent info. For example, the young, cute thing at WHBM informed me that people are wearing gray and black stockings again? Is she confused? If true, however, might influence my dress choice as the one I like the most is a bit short, and I have ugly knees. Gray stockings would take care of this problem I think. Are fishnets acceptable? They are darn cute in the catalog!

Well, it is one of my three favorite months of the year, OCTOBER! That means fall, leaves, and my favorite, PUMPKIN!!! Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin tempura...any and all things pumpkin. Therefore, I think a party or gathering of any pot-luck sort in October should be graced with pumpkin. I have about a million ideas. My favorite is pumpkin fudge, but it requires a candy thermometer, which, I'm guessing precludes it from being in the "easy" category? The easiest, and also very tasty, is pumpkin dip. You probably already have a recipe for this, but on the off-chance that you do not, here it is:



Pumpkin Dip with Ginger Snaps

2 8 oz packages cream cheese
4 cups confectioners sugar (better if you sift)
30 oz can pumpkin pie mix
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
(sometimes I add a touch of vanilla)

Combine cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined.
Serve in a pie-sized, hollowed-out pumpkin. Serve with ginger snaps. I have also served with apple slices, pretzels, and have also made stuffed french toast with these leftovers as the filling.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

NICE!! (recipe) THANKS;)

cant wait for the headless pictures .. !!!!!

Kristi said...

this sounds so good...i'm definitely going to have to try it! i'm so impressed with your crazy cooking genius..i can make cereal and eggo waffles!!

el-e-e said...

Now THAT sounds good! Might also serve with graham crackers, I bet. Yes?

Good thought, too -- I have some pumpkin recipes I need to rotate in for the season!

Julie said...

Yay! I don't have this recipe and I LOVE me some pumpkin. I'll pretty much eat pumpkin anything. :)

Mandy said...

..have y'all seen the pumpkin flavored hershey kisses????