Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Public Service Announcement

Let me give you some advice. The economy is kicking all of our arses right now. We all need to cut corners, trim the fat, reign in the spending, etc, etc, (Pick your own colloquialism)

Here are two ideas I will save you from trying:

1. Do not wax your own legs. It is a total PIA and the wax does not peel off in big, nice strips. It flakes off in little pieces. I have a darn high threshold for pain when it comes to waxing. So, don't go assuming it was because I lacked the fortitude to really do it right. No, home waxing just has a steep learning curve and is NOT NOT NOT worth the effort. By the time you spend money for wax and other supplies and then see how long it takes to do it right, you realize that a leg wax at European Skin Care isn't so expensive after all.

2. Aquafresh White Trays work like a dream. All the strip style home whiteners have been dismal failures for me. They do not git in my mouth, they slide around and generally annoy the crap out of me. The Aquafresh trays stay put. they mold to fit. They are perfect. HOWEVER, my teeth and gums have been suffering weird, painful twinges all day long. Strangest, most unpleasant sensation. Maybe I should just try giving up the coffee and thus reduce my need for whitening. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA... AS IF!!!! Oh Holy Sheet!!! As I am sitting here, RIGHT THE HECK NOW typing this, a commercial just popped up on the telly for "NEW Aquafresh Gentle Care Whitening Trays" that comes with a special toothpaste to prepare your teeth and gums in case the whitening agent bothers you.....Something that would have been nice to know about YES-TER-DAY!!!!!

3 comments:

Anything is Possible said...

Good to know about the leg waxing. It makes me giggle to think about the obsenities you used while trying to peel wax. How many times did you call Susan??? I wax my own eyebrows ONLY because that Radiante Jacqueline place in Pcola scarred my face once. I've been traumatized ever since. I still have scars above my brows. They look fabulous in the summer when they turn a shade or two darker than the rest of my face!
I've read great reviews about the whiteners Sephora sells. I can't think of the name; seems like it's i-something. I've always been fond of dental office whiteners. My next splurge will be the trays plus the laser thing. I'm hoping for "Hollywood white"!! -I can't give up the coffee either.

Mandy said...

am I the only one still using a razor on my legs??

interesting about the whiteners .. I have been wondering if they really work!!

Maureen said...

Lol....on both! I just got home from the dentist and was planning on adding whiteners to my grocery list, thanks for the heads up!

And thanks for visiting my blog....yours is hilarious, I shall return :)